By now you have heard about the Equifax data breach, and we wanted to share some resources on the subject that might be of use to you.
Some steps you may want to consider:
- Check Equifax’s website to see if your information may have been compromised.
- Sign up for Equifax’s free credit monitoring service.
- Freeze your credit reports at the three major credit bureaus.
- Check your credit reports (one per year per bureau is free).
- Monitor your bank, credit union, and other financial accounts for any unauthorized activity.
With literally tens of millions of people affected by this event, don’t be surprised if you can’t get through to the various sites and sources. Stay on it, and stay vigilant. We will post new information as it becomes available.